Job Posting: Summer Intern
We are currently hiring for this Summer 2018 position!
Summer Internship Overview:
MamLuft&Co. Dance seeks an intern for Summer 2018 who is eager to learn about and participate in various aspects of non-profit arts administration, education, and outreach.
Intern supervisor is willing to negotiate assigned projects and duties to cater to the intern’s interests and career goals. However, intern may be required to assist with following:
- Preparation for Summer Dance & Creativity Camp for Kids, which will include planning the camp themes and preparing crafts for each week.
- Teaching and assisting at 4 weeks of 2018 Summer Dance Camp for Kids (June 18-22, June 25-29, July 2-6, July 9-13 at The Liberty Exhibition Hall, 3938 Spring Grove Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45223)
- Camp Hours:
- Sunday June 17: Mandatory load-in 9am – 3pm
- Mondays – Thursdays: 8am – 3:30pm
- Fridays: 8am – 6pm (Each Friday of camp there will be a performance for parents, and there will be a mandatory tear-down directly after the performance.)
- Camp Hours:
- Assisting during the Adult Summer Workshop (June 4-8, 2018) from 8am-6pm
- Assisting during the Teen Dance Intensive (June 11-15, 2018) from 8am-4pm
- Office hours and duties including but not limited to: Marketing, filing and organizing, grant writing and research, social media management, general day to day up-keep, running errands, storage/costume closet organization and cleaning, studio cleaning, and other such tasks.
Hours will be mutually agreed upon between intern and intern supervisor and can be negotiated to meet course requirements. Although this is an unpaid position, we have high expectations for this opportunity to experience the workings of a dance non-profit. Candidate must be able to adhere to a reliable, consistent schedule. Candidates are expected to be focused, communicative, reliable, respectful, and self-motivated.
Skills and Experience:
- Interest in arts management, non-profit administration, dance, dance education; ideal candidate would have career goals in these areas.
- General technical proficiency and ability to learn software quickly. Note: will be trained/working in Mac operating system, MS Word and Excel, Google Apps (Voice, Drive, Email), FileMaker Pro, WordPress, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), and Dropbox.
- Send resume, including any experience and training in dance, and cover letter (addressing above requirements), to Claire Dieringer, Education and Outreach Coordinator, at [email protected] No phone calls, please
Compensation: This is an unpaid position.