Job posting: Dance instructor
MamLuft&Co. Dance seeks qualified, motivated, experienced dance instructors. Applicant must be able to teach children ranging from 3 to 12 years of age. Instructor will be working remotely in a school or community center in the Cincinnati area, and thus must be able to work independently with little or no on-the-job direct supervision. This includes having excellent communication skills. Additionally, instructor must have reliable transportation to and from assigned location. As this is not a traditional studio setting, ideal candidate would have experience teaching in a variety of settings to children from a variety of backgrounds with varying levels of experience.
Hours in most demand are weekday afternoons starting sometime between 2-4pm and ending sometime between 4-6pm. Times vary by location and program. Mandatory staff meetings are paid.
Considerable dance training. Although this is not a traditional studio setting, expectations are high: Instructor is expected to provide students with high quality and sound technical training, possess effective class management skills, and maintain clear and consistent communication with parents and with MamLuft&Co. Dance.
Skills and Experience:
- At least two years teaching experience
- Must be able to effectively discipline while maintaining an encouraging and supportive environment. Teaching in school and community settings often involves behavioral and class management issues that are not as prevalent in traditional studio settings.
- Must be able to work with students who have little to no dance experience and who may not yet be familiar with “dance etiquette.”
- Must be able to work remotely and manage class time effectively with little to no on-the-job direct supervision.
- Must be able to create recital pieces for December and May performances and utilize costumes in MamLuft&Co. Dance’s inventory.
- Must possess excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Must be able to respond to emails in a timely manner and readily communicate via text message and phone.
- Must be able to attend mandatory monthly staff meetings and work respectfully alongside other staff under the direction of MamLuft&Co. Dance.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and able to maintain regular attendance to all assigned classes.
- Must be self-motivated and passionate about educating children in the art of dance.
Must pass local, state, and federal background check at own expense (~$72), and obtain the Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) Security Badge (required of anyone entering CPS buildings on a regular basis.) This badge is useful outside of this job position, as it is required for any guest teacher at CPS.
How to Apply:
Send resume of experience and dance training and cover letter (addressing above requirements), along with scheduling availability to [email protected] No phone calls, please.